Five things I was doing ten years ago:
- Falling in love with Florida beaches.
- Making bad relationship choices.
- Buying my first house (NOT a bad choice).
- Perfecting my lightening quick Alt+tab to switch from web surfing to work.
- Blogging before blogging. On paper. Let me know if you'd like to check out a volume or two.
- Take the boys to have pictures taken in their patriotic T-shirts and Levi's shorts and no shoes.
- Savor the time they're both napping. And savor the time when they wake up and both climb onto my lap in my shrinking rocking chair.
- Water my new landscaping (pics in a future post) while praying nothing dies.
- Load Alex into the jogging stroller and walk around the neighborhood; no longer be jealous of neighbors' landscaping.
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire
- Set up a fund for working mothers with preschoolers so they could stay home at least until their kids are in school.
- Build my mother a lodge with sleeping rooms and a kitchen and a big room for gatherings so she could entertain her family comfortably. I guess that would be a hotel. Okay, build Mom a hotel.
- Take my family on a cruise once a year for the rest of our lives.
- Hire someone to clean my bathrooms and mop my floor.
- Reserve Disney World for a week. For my whole family and Pete's family. Then let me stay home and have the house to myself.
- Rewarding with M&Ms, my kids AND myself.
- Gossiping, but you didn't hear it from me.
- Reading blogs when I should be blogging.
- Blogging when I should be cleaning house.
- Cleaning house when...no, I should always be cleaning house.
Five places I have lived
Five jobs I've had
- Babysitter starting at about 12 years old. Although NOTHING could have prepared me for parenthood.
- Clerk in a golf pro shop.
- Christmas help at gigantic mall in town. Pure hell.
- Various writing jobs.