I saw this on someone's blog (can't remember whose) and traced it back to Nancy. I haven't read her blog but for this post, but I think it's so cool so I'm lifting the idea and sending her some link love.
The premise is to list 15 things you wish you'd have said in some situation. Either last week, last year, ten years ago or more. I do this a lot in my head: ten minutes after a situation is dead and buried I think of the perfect thing I should have said which would reveal the sharp-witted and intelligent person I really am, instead of a bumbling fool.
So here goes...15 things I should have said:
1. Yeah, that's right. I'm breaking up with you now. Not in three years. Now. And take your girlfriends with you.
2. When I start getting paid for overtime, I'll work it.
3. Thank you for telling me I'm pretty.
4. Yes, you can sleep with me since Daddy's traveling.
5. You really have clothes that are more flattering than that.
6. Stop. Sending. Junk. Email. Please.
7. Your teasing hurts my feelings. And shut up.
8. Wait, I think you gave me too much change.
9. No, I can't help you with that right now.
10. Can you help me though?
12. Bless me Father for I have sinned.
13. Thank you for accepting me no matter what I do.
14. Please accept me, no matter what I do.
15. Blog, schmog.
I love this list, no matter where I read it it always makes me smile, tear up and admire the person who wrote it.
Post a Comment